Around this time of the year, most kitchens/living rooms are adorned with Easter eggs from Nestle, Cadburys etc. This year I decided to make a special effort and make some treats for the family. Following their reaction, this is set to become an annual ritual…
The recipe is from Queen of Calories Nigella Lawson and, as you will see, is only for special occasions. You can download the gift tags for free from Lia Griffith’s wonderful crafty blog.
Nigella’s Sweet and Salty nut Chocolate
200g/7oz dark chocolate
100g/3.5oz milk chocolate
3 tbsp golden syrup
250g/8.8oz salted peanuts
6 x 40g Crunchie bars
1 baking or foil tray, approximately 30 x 20 x 5 cm. (if using a baking tray, line with parchment or greaseproof paper)
- Break the chocolate into a saucepan along with the butter and golden syrup and slowly stir until the chocolate has melted.
- Tip the peanuts into a bowl and crush the Crunchie bars on top of them.
- Take the melted chocolate off heat and pour over the peanuts and Crunchie bars.
- Pour the mixture into the baking tray covered with greaseproof paper and smooth the top.
- Put in the fridge for 2 hours and allow to set, then cut the chocolate into as many pieces as you like.